I am a visual artist and I am coordinating art projects in the artists’ residence called WAAW in Saint-Louis, Senegal. This vibrant place is the epitome of all things organic and that just makes me happy and drives me into work with movement and rhythm and apparent stillness, elements that I hope to communicate in my handmade photography and video installations.
- Participation in several collaborative photography and music projects during 2012-2016 (Senegal); Collective exhibition at Galérie Ethiopiques: Dessins & Design, 2017.
- Solo exhibitions: Sabaru Demb (Senegal, 2015), Jamonoo Ngi Nii (Dakar Biennale OFF 2016), Ça bouge (Festival Le Fleuve en Couleurs, 2017)
- Portfolio for most recent projects: 1) transfers of images on wood 2) Ça bouge !
- Upcoming publication (ed.): “The Waaw Experience”. A retrospective looking into five years of artists’ residence and international exchange in Saint-Louis (Spring 2018)
- Upcoming publication: “Pinnan alla: Seydou ruumiinnostaja” (Autum 2018)
At times I sit down and roast coffee, another passion of mine. You can taste organic coffees at Ndar Ndar and while at it, Oumar can play your favourite African tune – or introduces you to new ones – to spice your coffee with. There is also a small backroom space that we use for exhibitions. Do pop in if you are in town!